Ask someone who they are without mentioning their job, their things, their accomplishments, their failures, their family, and you’ll likely get their name and that’s about it. What is left under all those layers?
What really makes us who we are is our values, personality, and behaviour. So if you’re on a “finding yourself” mission like me, here are some free online tools to help with your search:
- The IPIP-NEO Assessment is a well-validated, 120-item personality test Harvard Business Review recommends.
- Personal Values Assessment is 5 minutes and maps your values on a spectrum from least helpful to most fulfilling.
- Big Five Personality Test is 50 questions to estimate your Big-Five Factor Markers, one of the most widely used personality assessments.
- You Just Get Me Personality Feedback is 40 questions for an insightful review, then allows others to guess your personality and compare it to how you see yourself.
- Enneagram Type Indicator is 10 minutes to find your one of nine personality types.