Over four months, my boyfriend lost 50 lbs using Lyle McDonald‘s Rapid Fat Loss diet. It’s a Protein Sparing Modified Fast. He ate a LOT of lean meat, very few carbs, and huge cheat meals twice a week – I’m talking 6 beers, McDonald’s, and candy.
I’m super proud of him and also quite envious so I’m going to try the plan for two weeks with the goal of going from 159 to 149 (understanding of course that half of that will be water weight loss). In fact, I have a competition with my boyfriend so if I don’t get to 149 in 5 weeks… I’m doing dinner and dishes for two weeks straight. Needless to say, I’ll be 149 mid-October no matter what, but I’d like to get there by the end of September and then apply intuitive eating to maintain.
Using Lyle McDonald’s calculator, my personal plan follows:
- 96 g of lean protein
- 10 g fish oil (max 20 g fat, not including fish oil)
- Unlimited veggies, except for the starchy stuff (max 20 g carbs, not including veggies)
- Daily multivitamin, 3 g sodium, 1 g potassium, 500 mg magnesium, 600-1200 g calcium
- Unlimited spice, salsa, mustard, soy sauce, broth, Crystal Light, coffee, tea
- Weekly free meal and weekly 5-hour carb refeed
- Twice weekly strength training: push-ups, pull-ups, squats, and planks